Monday, July 29, 2013

Disc 17 / 48

Using iTunes for the Timothology almost makes me feel guilty, because it's so easy to set up a playlist and burn it to disc. I used to have spiral notebooks filled with Timothology track lists, shopping lists, pricing estimates, and the like. In a political science class at Oakland Community College, the student behind me in class asked why my notes were all numbers and lists instead of phrases and sentences like everyone else's. I replied that I was making a shopping list for a gigantic mix tape instead of paying attention in class. She sarcastically asked how that was working for my GPA. I told her (truthfully) I was set to graduate with honors. The talks broke down at that point.

I probably mentioned this before, but the Timothology is a hobby that went from being beyond the cutting edge in 2000 to something a whole lot of music fans were doing in the middle of the decade to retro and possibly never to be repeated in 2013--blank CD-Rs made for music instead of software are getting thin on the ground and I don't want to just hand someone a flash drive and say that's the Timothology.

Timothology:  Strange Aeons Disc 17 / 48
Theme:  None
Label phrase:  "Are you loathsome tonight?"

01)  13 Questions / Seatrain
02)  I'll Buy It / Tonio K.
03)  I'm Not Like You (demo) / The Weirdos
04)  Ana Ng / They Might Be Giants
05)  Without Expression / John Mellencamp
06)  Telstar / The Telstars
07)  Doom-Lang / The Tokens
08)  Soul Deep / The Box Tops
09)  Convertibles and Headbands / The Music Magicians
10)  Bravado / The Aqua Velvets
11)  Kiss Me Deadly / Lita Ford
12)  The Matador / Johnny Cash
13)  The KKK Took My Baby Away / The Ramones
14)  Warm Summer Day / Riot Squad
15)  Party Doll / Buddy Knox
16)  Listen Like Thieves / INXS
17)  Surfin' Hootenanny / Al Casey and the K-C-Ettes
18)  It's Tricky / Run-DMC
19)  Running Out of Ramones / Grover Kent
20)  Is That a Ship I Hear? / The Tornados
21)  Teenage Kicks / The Undertones
22)  First I Was a Hippie, Then I Was a Stockbroker, Now I am a Hippie Again / The Bobs
23)  Be Stiff / Toni Basil
24)  Rama Lama Ding Dong / The Edsels
25)  Vampire Girl / Jonathan Richman
26)  Come Dancing / The Kinks

No comments:

Post a Comment