Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Disc 18 / 48

I saw Big Sandy and His Fly-Rite Boys open for Los Straitjackets at a Halloween concert a three years ago and they're pretty damn amazing. They did a song called "Here Comes the Bride" that I really wish was available on CD so I could put it in the Timothology and share it with you. But it isn't, as far as I can tell, and it's not on iTunes either.

Moral of the story:  We all know much more music than there is on the Timothology. This isn't necessarily all the best of my collection. It's just a great deal of pop and rock from 1955 to 1990, more or less, arranged in a way that I think people will enjoy. I hope you do.

Timothology:  Strange Aeons Disc 18 / 48
Theme:  None
Label phrase:  "Demonstrating generosity and forging alliances"

01)  Lugosi's Mongoloid Loser / The Illuminoids
02)  Chicken Walk / Hasil Adkins
03)  When Will I Be Loved / The Fucking Eagles
04)  Crumblin' Down / John Mellencamp
05)  Suspect Device / Stiff Little Fingers
06)  AM180 / Grandaddy
07)  Telstar / The Challengers
08)  Goodbye Horses / Q Lazzarus
09)  I'm Doin' Fine Now / New York City
10)  El Watusi / Ray Barretto Y Su Charanga Moderna
11)  Girl Bride / Geoff Goddard
12)  The Loser's Blues / Big Sandy and His Fly-Rite Boys
13)  Interlude No. 1 / Play it All Night Long / Warren Zevon
14)  Sweet Jane / The Velvet Underground
15)  Blue's Theme / Davie Allan and the Arrows
16)  Heartbeat / The Detroit Cobras
17)  The D'ampton Worm / Emilio Perez Machado and Stephen Powys
18)  Sterno / Los Straitjackets
19)  That is Rock and Roll / The Coasters
20)  Calling All Girls / Hilly Michaels
21)  I Was High / Pat McCurdy
22)  Intergalactic (album version) / The Beastie Boys
23)  Doctor Who Theme / The Tornados
24)  Man in Black / Johnny Cash
25)  The Funky Western Civilization / Tonio K.
26)  End of the World / Great Big Sea
27)  We Will All Go Together When We Go / Tom Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment