Sunday, August 25, 2013

Disc 28 / 48

This disc has three tracks on it that I found out about because I had a Pandora station that I kept adding songs to in an attempt to broaden my horizons. The songs were the playlist for disc 01 of this compilation; I figured that would be the most representative of things I liked for the purposes of my sonic gedankenexperiment. That's where I heard about Scruffy the Cat and Red Meat for the first time; I bought a CD from the former and just the track on this disc from the latter.

I eventually stopped using Pandora because they didn't mix things up really well. When I added "Shombalor" to the station I'd get doo wop for six or seven songs in a row followed by something else based on a different song. I like variety. Even on the discs that are all white guys with guitars they're at least performing in different genres.

"The Warrior's Code" has a bagpipe part that mimics the main melody from "Telstar".

Timothology:  Strange Aeons Disc 28 / 48
Theme:  None
Label phrase:  "Unfortunately, I got my armor out of a gum machine."

01) Total Eclipse of the Moon / Graham Parker
02) Infidel Zombie / The Dickies
03) Thunder & Lightning / John Leyton
04) Cowtown / They Might Be Giants
05) Killer Klown March / John Massari
06) Puddy Cat (Mama Meow-Mow) / Wade Curtiss and the Rhythm Rockers
07) Gimme Gimme Good Lovin' / Crazy Elephant
08) I Love Rock N' Roll / Hayseed Dixie
09) The Taking of Pelham One Two Three / David Shire
10) Seven Nation Army / The White Stripes
11) Baby Come Back / Desmond Dekker
12) Trouble / Tonio K.
13) Keys to Your Heart / The 101'ers
14) Telstar / Theodore Skeans Jr.
15) Shot By Both Sides / Magazine
16) Do Ya / Electric Light Orchestra
17) Pumped Up Kicks / Foster the People
18) The Last Gun Fighter Ballad / Johnny Cash
19) Blue Shadows / The Blasters
20) 14 Hours from Tulsa / Red Meat
21) Lonely Ol' Night / John Mellencamp
22) Put the Clock Back on the Wall / The "E" Types
23) The Warrior's Code / The Dropkick Murphys
24) Nova SS 1968 / Scruffy the Cat
25) Flashdance / Big Daddy
26) Crackerbox Palace / George Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment