Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Disc 38 / 48

Another disc unburdened by a theme.

I've dug the hell out of Devo for as long as I can remember--I think the third or fourth CD I ever bought was their "Greatest Misses" compilation, which I picked up because I heard "Mongoloid" on Doctor Demento and thought it was amazing. If you're a person who just remembers them as the "Whip It" guys, the Timothology was made in part to change your mind.

Timothology:  Strange Aeons Disc 38 / 48
Theme:  None
Label phrase:  "I WRITES FOR DA HAWWWG"

01) Run Through the Jungle / Creedence Clearwater Revival
02) Cherry Bomb / The Runaways
03) Have I the Right? / Rotten
04) Johnny B. Goode / Chuck Berry
05) I've Done Everything For You / Rick Springfield
06) Little Bitty Pretty One / The Dave Clark Five
07) African Beat / The Famous Seven Orchestra
08) Blockhead / Devo
09) The Kids Are Alright / The Who
10) Dig My Grave / They Might Be Giants
11) She Cracked / The Modern Lovers
12) I'll Go Down Swinging / Los Straitjackets with Exene Cervenka
13) Imposters of Life's Magazine / The Idle Race
14) Son of a Preacher Man / Dusty Springfield
15) Lola / The Kinks
16) Bad Penny Blues / Humphrey Lyttleton
17) Our House / Madness
18) Break My Stride / Matthew Wilder
19) Marie Marie / The Blasters
20) Bang Bang / Janis and Her Boyfriends
21) Little Honda / The Hondells
22) 007 (Shanty Town) / Desmond Dekker
23) Telstar / The BBC Concert Orchestra
24) Atlantic City / Bruce Springsteen
25) Voodoo Mama / Wade Curtiss and the Rhythm Rockers
26) Destination Venus / The Rezillos
27) Ghost Town / The Kings of Outer Space
28) Human Wheels / John Mellencamp

No comments:

Post a Comment