Sunday, August 25, 2013

Disc 31 / 48

Disc 13 was my all-terrible-covers-themed disc, and when I got to 31 I realized I could do a mirror image disc full of incredibly awesome covers that either make you appreciate the original songs more or make you like something in a genre you didn't know you would enjoy (the doo-wop "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" fits into both categories, as it turns out). I had to cut so many songs for time and to keep from doing two covers of the same track on a given album that I decided to make disc 32 another awesome-covers disc, and had so much left over from that one as well that disc 33 has the same theme.

There's a mini theme of accordion music in this disc as well, since I had a few goofy accordion-saturated takes on existing material.

Timothology:  Strange Aeons Disc 31 / 48
Theme:  Fantastic covers
Label phrase:  "This movie has taken all of the drugs!!!"

01) My Indian Red / Clarke Peters and Treme cast members
02) Sheena is a Punk Rocker / The 1234
03) Smells Like Teen Spirit / Los Straitjackets
04) Vivelo! / Timidos
05) Can Can '62 / Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers
06) When Will I Be Loved? / The Half and Half Bluegrass Band
07) Nobody But Me / The Dickies
08) Pico and Sepulvedo Lee Press-On and the Nails
09) I'm Going Down / Dawn Chorus and the Blue Tits
10) Have I the Right? / The New Orleans Syncopators
11) Sixteen Tons / Bo Diddley
12) Telstar / The Hawaiians
13) Jump / Big Daddy
14) Crimson and Clover / The Uniques
15) Green Door / Eskew Reeder
16) California Sun / The Ramones
17) Questions I Can't Answer / Fabienne Delsol and the Bristols
18) New York City / They Might Be Giants
19) Pills / The Lurkers
20) Talk Dirty To Me / Zydecosis
21) The Devil Went Down to Georgia / Those Darn Accordions!
22) Down Under / The Red Army Men's Choir
23) Anarkhiya / The Ukrainians
24)  Bo Diddley's a Gunslinger (live version) / Warren Zevon
25) Seven Nation Army / The Oak Ridge Boys
26) Just Like Eddie / Silicon Teens
27) The Day My Baby Gave Me a Surprize / The Vandals
28) Do You Want to Dance? / Del Shannon
29) Summertime Blues / Guitar Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment