Sunday, August 4, 2013

Disc 22 / 48

Typing this one up, I think I missed an opportunity to do a disc where all the songs had parentheses in their titles. I see four that wound up on here pretty much by accident, and it could have been neat to do that. Some other time, some other Timothology, I guess.

I see I put "Chug-A-Lug" and "Happy Hour" together, too. Possibly "Drinking and Driving" by the Business, Jimmy Gilmer's "Bottle of Wine" and other songs about boozohol could have been another disc theme. I seem to have discovered the secret graveyard of Timothology themes on this one.

Every time I listen to "Fire Brigade" I smile, imagining all the backup singers crowding around a mike to yell WEE OO WEE OO WEE OO WEE OO during the choruses.

Timothology:  Strange Aeons Disc 22 / 48
Theme:  None
Label phrase:  "Too late! Purple beef poisoning!"

01)  A Grand Day Out / Julian Nott
02)  Hey Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had a Deal / They Might Be Giants
03)  Fire Brigade / The Move
04)  Lady of the Night / Henry and the Bleeders
05)  You Can't Sit Down / The Dovells
06)  Twenty Miles From Shore / Hawkshaw Hawkins
07)  The Boy in the Bubble / Paul Simon
08)  Wild Weekend / The Rockin' Rebels
09)  (You're So Square) Baby, I Don't Care / Cee Lo Green
10)  Runner (single version) / Manfred Mann's Earth Band
11)  A Man Size Job / Denise LaSalle
12)  There's Something at the Bottom of the Well / The Moontrekkers
13)  (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais / The Clash
14)  Memphis Soul Stew / King Curtis
15)  Time is On My Side / Irma Thomas and Allen Toussaint
16)  Perfect World (album version) / Tonio K.
17)  Telstar / The Champs
18)  Duke of Earl / Gene Chandler
19)  Baby, It's You / Petty Booka
20)  Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money) / The Pet Shop Boys
21)  Dance with the Devil / The Hypnomen
22)  Chug-A-Lug / Roger Miller
23)  Happy Hour / The Housemartins
24)  26 Miles (Santa Catalina) / The Four Preps
25)  Walkin' Down the Line / Bob Dylan
26)  Rumble Seat / John Mellencamp
27)  Ice Cream Man / Jonathan Richman

No comments:

Post a Comment