Thursday, August 1, 2013

Disc 20 / 48

For some reason I decided to follow up the negativity disc with the questions disc; I think I remember working it out and deciding that questions followed by negativity was more of a bummer than the other way around.

Special thanks to Josh 'BergerJacques' Shepherd from the B Movie Message Board for telling me about Those Darlins. My friends like to tell me about new music just as much as I like spreading the word about interesting bands and songs via this project. I remember asking for help on the "songs with the word fuck in the lyrics" disc and for disc 26 on the BMMB and the obsessive nerds there came through with flying colors. Thanks, guys.

"Happy music for alienated fuckups" is how I've taken to classifying the Timothology. Somehow I forgot to mention that during the previous nineteen posts.

Timothology:  Strange Aeons Disc 20 / 48
Theme:  Musical questions
Label phrase:  "Did you not see the slide punch?"

01)  Book of Love / The Monotones
02)  Who Do You Love / The Woolies
03)  What's New Pussycat? / Tom Jones
04)  What Should I Do? / The Shaggs
05)  What If I Came Knocking / John Mellencamp
06)  Who's Making Love? / The Blues Brothers
07)  Telstar / Barry Cleveland
08)  When Will You Die / They Might Be Giants
09)  Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've) / The Buzzcocks
10)  What You Talkin' About? / Paul Pena
11)  What Kind of Fool Do You Think I Am / Bill Deal and the Rhondels
12)  (What's So Funny About) Peace, Love and Understanding / Elvis Costello
13)  Who'll Stop the Rain / Creedence Clearwater Revival
14)  Why Do Fools Fall in Love / Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers
15)  Is There Something I Should Know / Duran Duran
16)  Hab Ich Das Recht / Aud Wilken
17)  Who Put the Bomp (in the Bomp, Bomp, Bomp) / Barry Mann
18)  Who's Gonna Mow Your Grass? / Buck Owens
19)  Just a Dream? / Fred Myrow and Malcolm Seagrave
20)  What is This? / Bobby Womack
21)  Is It Because / The Honeycombs
22)  Who's That Knockin' At My Window? / Those Darlins
23)  Who's That Knocking / The Genies
24)  How Come I Can't See You In My Mirror? / Tonio K.
25)  Who Killed Davey Moore? / Bob Dylan
26)   Do You Love Me? / The Dave Clark Five
27)  When Will I See You Again / The Three Degrees
28)  What Do All the People Know / The Monroes

No comments:

Post a Comment